Bengali favourite begun bhaja with a slight twist.
- Brinjal – 1 no large
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of – 1 lemon
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – for coating
- Cut the brinjal into thick round slices and place them in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder,salt and lemon juice.
- Rub the masala on the slices and keep aside for marination for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Spread poppy seeds on a plate. Coat each marinated brinjal slice with the poppy seeds and place the slices in the pan. Cover and cook on medium heat, flipping sides till evenly golden.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.