Rich almond flavored milk
- Almonds – 40 no
- Milk – 5 cups
- Saffron – a generous pinch
- Green cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Sugar – 8 tablespoons
- Soak the almonds in 2 cups of boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and peel them. Slice 15 of them. Place the remaining in a blender jar an grind to a paste.
- Place a non stick deep pan over high heat and pour in the milk. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium, add almond paste and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add saffron, green cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix. Add sugar and mix till sugar dissolves.
- Remove from stove top and pour into individual glasses. Garnish with the sliced almonds and serve hot.