Very innovative recipe with leftover rice, must try
- Leftover cooked basmati rice – 2 cups
- Leftover dal – ¾ cup
- Processed cheese, grated – ½ cup
- Yellow or red bell pepper, finely chopped – ½
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Carrots, peeled and finely chopped – 1
- Garlic, crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seed – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs – ¼ cup + to roll
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper crushed – ½ teaspoon
- Rice bran oil – to deep fry
- Chaat masala – to sprinkle
- Lettuce – a few leaves
- Tomato salsa – ½ cup
- Put rice, dal, grated cheese, chopped bell pepper, green peas, carrots, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, roasted cumin seeds, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, one fourth cup breadcrumbs, salt and crushed black peppercorn in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- With dampened hands divide the mixture into sixteenequal lemon sized balls.
- Roll each ball in bread crumbs and shake off excess. Keep them on a plate and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat sufficient rice bran oil in a deep pan, gently slide in the aranciniand deep-fry till crisp and golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving plate, place the arancini over them, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with tomato salsa.