Here sharing healthy, quick and tasty recipe for Navratri. Apple varai Kheer can be enjoyed as a non fasting food too. With dry fruits and apple in it it becomes healthy too.
- Varai, washed 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Apple,grated 1 cup
- Makhana roasted 1/2 cup
- Raisins 10-15 No
- Cashew nuts,grated 5-6 No
- Almonds,grated 5-6 No
- Milk 4 Cups
- Khoya ,grated 1/2 cup
- Ghee for cooking
How to make Apple Varai Kheer (Method):
- Soak raisins in water.
- Grate almonds and cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- Wash and soak varai chawal in water for about 1 hour.
- In pan, add 2 tablespoon ghee, add finely grated almonds and cashew nuts and keep on stirring well till they start to change colour.
- Then add soaked varai chawal and mix it well.
- Mix them, stir them for just about 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- In saucepan add milk. Keep on stirring milk and bring to 2-3 boils.
- Now, add apple varai mixture and keep on stirring well and bring in to a boil.
- Then add khoya and keep on stirring well till it starts to get thicken.
- Now, add fried grated almonds, cashew nuts, raisins and sugar and mix it well.
- Cook it for another 5-6 minutes and turn off flame.
- Garnish it with apple slices, raisins, makhana and serve hot