A halwa with a difference – apples and almonds give it an extra special taste .
- Apples peeled and grated – 4 no
- Almonds, soaked, blanched, peeled and ground – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated khoya – 1/2 cup
- Few blanched and slivered almonds – for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Add ground almonds and sauté for 10 minutes till light brown.
- Add grated apples and cook on low heat stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and green cardamom powder and cook till sugar dissolves.
- Add khoya and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with almonds and serve