The name says it all – there are apples and walnuts in this raita.
- Red apple peeled and cut into small cubes – 1 no medium
- Walnuts, broken – 10-12 no + for garnishing
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp + for sprinkling
- Mint leaves – 10-12 no
- Roasted cumin powder – for sprinkling
- Mix together yogurt, sugar, 1 tbsp chaat masala and whisk well. Add rose water, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add asafoetida, apple and toss. Add walnuts and sauté till the apples are lightly caramalized. Add red chilli powder, remaining chaat masala and toss. Transfer in a bowl.
- Add mint leaves, 1 cup yogurt and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining yogurt. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder and top with a walnut.