Chutney with a sweet and sour taste, a must try.
- Apples – 4 no
- Ginger piece – 1 inch
- Vinegar – 1-2 tsp + 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Take water in a bowl. Add 1-2 tsp vinegar and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the apples into small pieces and add to the water.
- Finely chop the ginger.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add the ginger and sauté for a minute. Add raisins and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apples and mix well. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar and mix well. Cook for 10-12 minutes till the apples become soft and sugar dissolves completely.
- Add red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt, salt and mix well.
- Add the remaining vinegar and mix.
- Cool down to room temperature, store in a glass jar and use as required.