Guavas may be fruits, but when cooked with masalas they make a tasty dish.
- Guavas – 2 large
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 5-6 no
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Onions – 2 no medium
- Gram flour (besan) – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped – 3-4 tbsp
- A coriander sprig – for garnishing
- Cut onions into 4 pieces, place them in the chopper and chop finely. Remove the seeds of the guavas and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add cloves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sauté till they splutter. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together gram flour, yogurt, 1 1/2 cups water, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste in a bowl and keep aside.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, kasuri methi, salt to the kadai and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the yogurt mixture and cook stirring continuously till the gravy thickens.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot.