A tasty winter dish made with baby potatoes and fresh fenugreek along with dry spices, a great combination to be eaten with Parathas
Baby Potatoes 8-10 no.
Onion Chopped 1 no. (Large)
Methi leaves 2 bunches
Red chills dry 3 no.
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped 1 tbsp
Hing ¼ tsp
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut into quarters. Keep aside.
- Clean the methi leaves and pluck out the leaves, keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chili, cumin seeds, asafetida, Sauté till cumin seeds splutter.
- Add in the chopped ginger and garlic, green chillies, onion and sauté till onions lightly brown.
- Add potatoes, mix well.
- Cover and cook the potatoes for 8-10 min.
- Add the methi leaves and mix well.
- Cover and cook for another 6-8 mins.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well and Cook for 3-4 min.
- Remove it in a serving bowl and serve hot.