Boiled potatoes mixed with mayonnaise and masalas to make these lovely tikkiyan.
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated – 2 no large
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no large
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli power – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coarsely ground, roasted and salted peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp + for dusting
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- For garnishing-
- Thin strips of green capsicum
- Thin strips of red and yellow bell pepper
- Chaat masala
- Mix together potatoes, onion, green chillies, ginger, red chilli powder, salt, mayonnaise, peanuts and 2 tbsp corn flour in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Dust your palms with corn flour. Make equal size balls of the potato mixture.
- Place the balls in the pan and flatten them with a spatula. Cook on one side till golden. Flip and cook on the other side till evenly done.
- Place thin strips of green capsicum, red and yellow bell pepper onto a serving plate. Transfer the tikkis on the plate, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.