Potatoes and green peas cooked in baroda style, awesome recipe, must try
- Baby potatoes, boiled and halved – 25-30
- Green peas, blanched – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves – 1½ cups
- Salt – to taste
- Rice bran oil – 2 tablespoons
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Whole dry red chillies, broken – 2-3
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Black peppercorns, crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Grind together green chillies, half the coriander leaves and salt to a fine paste.
- Heat rice bran oil in a pan; add asafoetida, cumin seeds and dry red chillies and sauté until the cumin seeds turn brown.
- Add the baby potatoes and sauté for about two minutes. Add turmeric powder, sauté for about a minute
- Add green peas and ground masala and mix well and cook for a minute. Sprinkle the crushed black peppercorns, remaining chopped coriander leaves and toss.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.