A famous chaat made of potatoes.
- Fresh ginger, cut into thin strips – 1 inch piece
- Lemon juice – 1½ tablespoons
- Table salt – to taste
- Ripe banana – 1 large
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled, cut into – 1 inch cubes – 2 large
- Sweet potato, boiled, peeled, (cut into 1 inch cubes) – 1 large
- Tamarind pulp 1 teaspoons –
- Green chiles, finely chopped – 2 no
- Chaat masala -1 teaspoon
- Fresh pomegranate pearls – ¼ cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Place the ginger strips in a small bowl, add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and keep the bowl in the refrigerator until required.
- Peel and cut banana into 1 inch pieces, apply ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, sweet potato and banana in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining lemon juice, tamarind pulp, chiles, chaat masala, remaining salt, pomegranate pearls cilantro leaves and toss lightly.
- Serve garnished with pickled ginger strips.