Chunks of crispy fried potatoes topped with chatpata masalas, coriander and lemon juice delhi style chaat!
- Fresh ginger piece, peeled and cut into thin strips – 1 inch
- Lemon juice – 3 teaspoons
- Table salt – to taste
- Potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes – 3 large
- Vegetable oil – for frying
- Red onion, peeled and chopped – 1 large
- Black salt – ⅛ teaspoon
- Chaat masala – ½ teaspoon
- Red chile powder -½ teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Green chiles, stemmed and finely chopped – 2 no
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 3 tablespoons
- Place the ginger strips in a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and ⅛ teaspoon salt and stir well. Keep it in the refrigerator till use.
- Place the potatoes cubes in a bowl and rub in ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place a kadai (wok) on medium heat and add oil. When small bubbles appear at the bottom of the wok, add the potato pieces, a few at a time. Cook, stirring with a slotted spoon, for 5-6 minutes or till crisp and golden brown. Drain with a slotted spoon and place on an absorbent paper. Similarly cook the remaining potato cubes.
- Transfer the potatoes into a big bowl. Add the onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black salt, chaat masala, chile powder, cumin powder, chiles, cilantro leaves and the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and stir well.
- To serve transfer the mixture into a serving bowl, garnish with the refrigerated ginger strips and serve immediately.